In prep / submitted
29. Levi J, Tamborindeguy C, Athrey G, Scheuring DC, Koym JW; Miller, Jr JC. Transcriptome comparison of Russet Norkotah and its Clonal Selection, TXNS278.
28. Leberg P, Athrey G, and Barr K. Genetic changes accompanying anthropogenic habitat changes in the Black-capped Vireo , in Conservation and the genetics of populations, 3rd Edition. Edited by Allendorf F, Aitken S, and Luikart G.
27. Peer SM, Lee J, Alvarado C, Athrey G. Global transcriptome analysis reveals genes driving woody breast in broiler chicken
26. Athrey G, Hodges T, Cosme L, Pathikonda S, Takken W, and Slotman M. Chemosensory gene expression in the olfactory organs of the malaria vector Anopheles coluzzii and the zoophilic An. quadriannulatus.
25. Matoke D*, Athrey G*, Gimnig J, Kamau L, Slotman M, Walker E. Population structure and demographic history of An. gambiae s.s. in Western Kenya after long term use of insecticide treated bed nets
24. Deitz K, Athrey G, Fontaine M, Jawara M, Matias A, Slotman M. Genome-wide divergence in the west-African malaria vector Anopheles melas. G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics in press
23. Athrey G, Lance RF and Leberg PL. Using genealogical mapping and genetic neighborhood sizes to quantify dispersal distances in the neotropical passerine, the Black-capped Vireo. PLoS One DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0140115
22. Hodges T, Cosme L, Athrey G, Pathikonda S, Takken W, and Slotman M. Species-specific chemosensory gene expression in the olfactory organs of the malaria vector Anopheles gambiae. BMC Genomics 2014, 15:1089 doi:10.1186/1471-2164-15-1089
21. Hodges TK, Athrey G, Deitz K, Overgaard H, Matias A, Caccone A, Slotman MA. Large fluctuation in effective populations of malaria vectors during vector control cycle. Evolutionary Applications. DOI: 10.1111/eva.12094
20. Walter ST, Carloss M, Athrey G, Hess T and Leberg PL. Brown Pelican Colony Initiation Attempts: Translocations and Decoys. Waterbirds 36(1):53-62
19. Walter ST, Carloss M, Athrey G, Hess T and Leberg PL. Influences of brown pelican demography on population structure and colony size, The Condor.
18. Athrey, G, Hodges TK, Reddy MR, Overgaard HJ, Matias A, Abaga S, Caccone A, Slotman MA. Vector control has a large impact on the effective population size of Malaria mosquitoes. PLoS Genetics, 8(12): e1003097. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1003097
17. Deitz KC, Athrey G, Reddy MR, Overgaard HJ, Abrahan Arnez, Moises Atue, Simon Abaga, Adalgisa Caccone, Michel A. Slotman. (2012) Genetic isolation within the malaria mosquito Anopheles melas. Molecular Ecology, 21(18): 4498-4513
16. Athrey G, Lance RF and Leberg PL. (2012) How far is too close? Restricted, sex- biased dispersal in the black-capped vireo, Molecular Ecology, 21(17): 4359-4370
15. Athrey, G, Barr KR, Lance RF and Leberg PL (2012). Birds in space & time: Genetic changes accompanying anthropogenic habitat fragmentation in the endangered black- capped vireo (Vireo atricapilla), Evolutionary Applications, 5(7): 540-55
14. Barr KR, Athrey G, Lindsay DL, Lance RF, Hayden T, Tweddale S and Leberg PL. Missing the forest for the gene trees: Conservation genetics is more than identification of distinct population segments. The Auk 128(4): 798-794
13. Athrey G, Lindsay DL, Lance RF and Leberg PL. (2011) Crumbling Diversity: A century of genetic decline in an endangered songbird, Conservation Genetics. 12:1345-1355.
12. Leberg PL, Athrey G, Barr KR, Lindsay DL, and Lance RF (2010) Implications of landscape alteration for the conservation of genetic diversity of endangered species. In “Molecular insights into natural resource conservation and management” (J.A. DeWoody, J.W. Bickham, C. Michler, K. Nichols, O.E. Rhodes, and K. Woeste, eds.), Cambridge University Press.
2009 & Prior
11. Fike JA, Athrey G, Bowman R, Leberg PL, and Rhodes Jr., OE. Development of 25 polymorphic microsatellite markers for the red-cockaded woodpecker (Picoides borealis). Conservation Genetics, 2009, 10:1021-1023
10. Barr KR, Lindsay DL, Athrey G, Lance RF, Hayden T, Tweddale S and Leberg PL. 2008. Population structure in an endangered songbird: maintenance of genetic differentiation despite high vagility and significant population recovery. Molecular Ecology 17:3628-3639.
9. Athrey G, Leberg PL, and Klerks PL. 2007. Laboratory culturing and selection reduce genetic variation in the least killifish, Heterandria formosa. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. 9(26): 1916-1922
PUBLISHED PROCEEDINGS & THESIS
8. Athrey G et al., (2012) The genetic basis of adaptation to human hosts in the malaria vector Anopheles gambiae. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 87(6s)
7. Hodges TK, Athrey G et al., (2012) The expression of olfaction genes in Anopheles gambiae in relation to human host preference. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 87(5s)
6. Athrey G et al., (2011) The impacts of anti-vector interventions on effective population sizes of African malaria vectors. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 85(4): 280
5. Athrey G et al., (2010) The molecular evolution of olfaction genes in the Anopheles gambiae complex. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 83(5): 230-230
4. Athrey G. Birds in Time & Space: Patterns and processes of spatiotemporal genetics in two endangered songbirds. Doctoral Dissertation, University of Louisiana at Lafayette. December 2009.
3. Athrey G., 2004. MS Thesis: Effects of selection for resistance to cadmium on genetic variation in the least Killifish Heterandria formosa. University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
2. Athrey, G., Honors Thesis: Rajashekhara, V., Vilas, P., D’Souza, M., Roopa M, Vishwanathan, G. 2001. A dermatoglyphic study of the mysterious Handigodu Syndrome. St. Josephs College, Bangalore University.
1. Athrey. G, (2000). Epidemiology of Kyasanur Forest Disease: A zoonotic hemorrhagic fever. Bangalore University.